Imayna Caceres 
b. Callao, Peru. She-they.

I am an artist, writer, researcher, who is interested in the makings of communities in more-than-human worlds, who engages with forms of knowledge that exceed and include modernity and Western knowledge. My artistic practice and research leans towards art as a communal and collective process. 
My work takes place through ritual and relational practices, digital and analog drawing, projects in public space, video, and writing. 
I engage in my work, my experience with modes of being in the worlds I am related to in Peru and Austria (particularly growing up in urban areas of the desertic central coast, inheriting practices from the oriental tropical Andes and daily interactions in the NordbahnhofgelĂ€nde in Vienna to the beings which inhabit these areas). 
I have worked in previous projects with the reverberations of the work of Gloria AnzaldĂșa, decolonial strategies and anticolonial fantasies in the etnographic museum and in the art academy, and critical perspectives on colonialism and migration. 
In my latest projects I engage with the worlds of the underground, of roots and of darkness, as well as the teachings and conversations with plants.
I am a candidate for the philosophy doctorate at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. MA. in Fine Arts, MA. in Kunst- und Kulturwissenschaft from the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna and a graduate of Sociology from the PUCP University of Peru and of Communications Sciences from the University of Lima. 
I am part of Antikoloniale Interventionen in Wien, Bloco Feministische Decolonial as well a of the Trenza collective.


imayna.caceres at gmail.com